Pregnancy Update: 23 Weeks!

Monday, December 16, 2013



This has been such a great week! Today marks 23 weeks along (!) and my husband's birthday!! To celebrate his birthday and rejuvenate before the holidays, we decided to go on a food crawl through our favorite town: Burlington, Vermont! I'm going to write about that adventure later this week. :)

After stressing last week about baby furniture & holiday spending, I knew I needed to change my mind set so I could just enjoy the holidays and where I am at in my pregnancy. I feel so great in this moment & I love my growing bump, but sooner than I know, life is going to change dramatically. My belly will become uncomfortably large, my heartburn will most definitely get worse, and sleep will be compromised. Then we'll have an even more dramatic shift when our little beboo arrives!

So why not try to relax? Enjoy where I am at - right now. Choose happiness. Life will never again be as it is right now. 

Week: 23 weeks along!

Gender: Boy!

Total Weight Gain:
Around 6-7lbs


Exercise: Squats & yoga. I've been noticing that my hips are getting more sore lately - crazy!!

Nutrition: This week, especially since we went on a food crawl, I've been focusing on expanding my palate back to my pre-pregnancy favorites - particularly spicy foods. Now that baby is able to taste what I eat, I want to expose him to different flavors so he is more willing to try new foods as a toddler. Bring on the curry!

Food cravings/aversions:
More panang curry from Tiny Thai!! I used to eat this twice a week when we lived in Vermont. Also craving the eggs benedict pizza at American Flatbread! Best pizza I ever ate! Sadly, I can't eat it while pregnant because of the over-easy eggs & hollandaise. :(


Signs of Stretch Marks: Not yet!

Maternity Clothes: No new ones.

Sleep: Sleep has improved so much since getting the Leachco Snoogle body pillow!

Feeling: So great! A little heartburn here & there but nothing that I can't handle. I love being pregnant! :)

Baby Movement: Oh yeah! I noticed over the weekend that his kicks are getting much stronger. He loves to kick when I'm laying in bed, ready to sleep, little stinker!

Belly Button In or Out? In

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

What I miss most this week: Living in Vermont - I love it, if you can't tell! ;)

Best moment this week: Going back to Vermont with my hubby!

Looking forward to: Next week - especially Christmas!



xo kristen genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code