DIY Christmas Lantern

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A few years ago, I discovered the beauty & versatility of apothecary jars. So because its Christmastime, I decided to create this lighted gold & red ornament themed jar. It's so easy to do!

I used cheap white lights (22ft) from the Christmas Tree Store, but you can get lights just about anywhere this time of year! I also got these fun glittered plastic ball ornaments. I have found that plastic works easier than glass since you have to do quite a bit of maneuvering and its just easier not having to deal with glass breaking. 

The trick is to take a step back and visualize how you space out the different style ornaments. You'll wrap virtually the entire strand into the jar, so there will be multiple adjustments along the way. Make sure you pull the lights to the side (rather than center) of the jar so they can light the ornaments more easily.

That's it! So easy! Send me a photo on Twitter or Instagram of your creation! I would love to see it. Happy decorating! :)


xo kristen genevieve

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I definitely want to do this. So many project I want to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code