Pregnancy Update: 24 Weeks!

Monday, December 23, 2013


This was a busy week! My mother-in-law came into town to help me pick up our crib. It was so great spending time with her alone and hearing her stories about her family & her experience raising six kids. I feel really lucky to have a good relationship with her now and to be a part of the family.

Our crib is awesome! My husband works late, but when he saw the crib pieces in our apartment, he didn't want to the weekend as I anticipated - he wanted to set it up that night! So cute. :)

I feel good knowing we found a Greenguard certified crib that was affordable. I'm really happy with the way it looks. I love walking past it and knowing our little man will be sleeping there in just a few short months! Let the dreaming begin!

I am also so excited about Christmas this week! We're heading to Vermont to spend the holiday with my husband's large family. I love any chance we get to visit Vermont and it will be so nice to have everyone together for Christmas. My husband & I are also cooking a Duck Cassoulet from D'Artagnan for the family on Christmas Eve, which will be a fun experience! Food, family, talking by the fireplace, and lots of love - I really can't wait. :) 


Week: 24


Gender: Boy!!

Total Weight Gain:
Just about 7lbs! Steadily gaining more now!


Exercise: This week was pretty busy so I my physical activity was mostly (aggressive!) cleaning & walking.

Nutrition: Same as usual except I've been eating dessert too often this week. Its the holiday season, right? ;)

Food cravings/aversions:
Sweets. Also, one day I craved fried chicken - which I eat like twice a year, and I felt sooo awful after eating it! Made me never want fried food again. Yuck. 


Signs of Stretch Marks: Not yet! Somehow!

Maternity Clothes: No new ones yet, but maybe I'll do a little shopping for my birthday. :)

Sleep: Sleep is better this week than last, despite my growing belly! I don't know if I've mentioned this before though, throughout my entire pregnancy I've had very vivid dreams. Sometimes they wake me up at night but this week, most of my dreams have occurred right as I am waking up.

Feeling: Great! There was one day this week where I had a headache & began to feel very nauseous - not sure if it was due to my busy week or the fried chicken. But besides that day, I'm still really loving this stage of pregnancy! Also soooo excited to see my niece & all the family this week for Christmas! They fill my heart. :)

Baby Movement: Of course! Its amazing how often I feel him kick; he is a very active little guy. Lately he likes to kick more when I'm laying in bed at night, which is wonderful to feel as my husband & I fall asleep. :)

Belly Button In or Out? In

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

What I miss most this week: My family back in Minnesota. I am so grateful to spend the holiday with my husband's family, but I still miss my parents and my brother & sister!

Best moment this week: Getting the crib set up! Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law! :)

Looking forward to: Christmas!!! Oh, and my birthday, too!  


Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks so much for reading!


xo kristen genevieve

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I have very vivid dreams as well, especially right after I go back to sleep after my nightly bathroom break! :) We set up our crib yesterday and I still can't believe there is a crib in my house! So exciting! Wishing you and your family happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivid dreams - so strange, right? Congrats on getting a crib!! Isn't it relieving and just adorable to walk by? Hope you had a wonderful holidays, too! :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code