Pregnancy Update: 27 Weeks! End of the Second Trimester!

Monday, January 13, 2014

It's the last week of my second trimester!! Baby is now over 2lbs and 15 inches long - no wonder his kicks are feeling stronger everyday! He especially loves when Daddy or I read him stories. :) Its insane to me how much he has developed over the past 6 weeks. 

I've spent the past couple weeks reading baby books including Brain Rules for Baby (great read), Superbaby (okay, a few good nuggets), & I'm just over halfway through Happiest Baby On The Block (TBD). I still have two other books on my list, plus one I would like to re-read within the next couple weeks. I am a research FIEND! I love reading and preparing for the future (I'm a Capricorn, after all). All this reading makes me feel more at peace with how much life is going to change, and makes me even more excited to meet my little boy!

One of the most exciting things this week was taking advantage of Amazon's Deal of the Day on BOB Strollers! We got our Revolution SE at the end of the week and I absolutely LOVE it! It's smaller folding up than I expected (awesome) and is incredibly maneuverable. This kid has no idea how good he has it - this stroller (as my brother said) is like a moon rover! So cool!


Week: 27 weeks! One week until my third trimester!!

Gender: Boy!!

Total Weight Gain:
No gain since last week - total just over 10lbs.


Exercise: I have finally recovered from the holidays & have been getting into a better yoga routine this week! I feel so much better, stronger, and in control when I practice more frequently! It's also helped the pain I felt in my ribs that I wrote about last week.

Nutrition: Better, too! Cutting back on sugars and adding lots of veggies like spinach & avocado to aid baby's brain development! 

Food cravings/aversions:
I don't know if I would call it a craving, but I've loved milk lately. I hardly ever drank milk before becoming pregnant but its so refreshing now for some reason!


Signs of Stretch Marks: As I mentioned last week, my husband thinks I have a few around my belly button. I can't tell, they're that faint. But I expect I'll get some mama marks by the time this is over!

Maternity Clothes: No new ones, but definitely doing the "hair tie trick" on all of my pants now!

Sleep: I've slept great this week!

Feeling: Up & down this week, but mostly doing well. Mostly stressed about my husband's busy season at work starting this week. :/

Baby Movement: Tons! There was one day when I felt a steady thump in there. All of a sudden it hit me - baby had hiccups! I read about it online and baby's can experience hiccups at this stage. So wild!

Belly Button In or Out? In

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

What I miss most this week: Snowstorms that give my husband extra days off to snuggle with me. :)

Best moment this week: When our stroller arrived! I love playing with it in our apartment. Is that weird?

Looking forward to: Getting my glucose (gestational diabetes) test over with. I think I'll be okay, but GD doesn't show any signs so it would be nice to know and have peace of mind.

Thank you all for reading! I have been neglectful of my blog lately, but I still love you!! I'm trying to get things done now so I can relax at the very end of my pregnancy. :-P 


xo kristen genevieve
 

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I love reading these updates, cause they remind me so much of my own pregnancy, it was such an amazing time :-) oh, and the hiccups, I loved those, my girl would have them all the time and it was so funny, you could really feel them. Apparently it's because they swallow amniotic fluid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad to bring back good memories. :)
      It is so funny to me, too! Such a crazy experience. I thought at first it was because I was eating things that were too spicy, but no, he just hiccups all the time. Adorable!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code