15 Weeks Pregnant - Second Trimester!!

Monday, October 21, 2013


Today I am 15 weeks! We had a special experience last week, so for my update today I wanted to share a little bit about our first ultrasound!

It was so thrilling to see our little baby at the 14 week ultrasound on Thursday! We thought we were only 13.5 weeks along, but we quickly found out that we are 14.5 weeks, so we've officially crossed into the second trimester! (If you haven't read many of these before, baby's head is on the left!)

The experience was so breathtaking, getting to see baby jump around and watch the heart beat so strongly (157bpm!). The little bug was stubbornly standing on its head the entire time, so this is the best photo we could get this time. Its sometimes hard to believe there is a living person within me when I have only the slightest hint of a belly (still too early to even tell from a photo), but this ultrasound made it so much more real for both of us. I can't believe how big baby is already!


Week: 15 weeks!! A week into my Second Trimester! The average 15 week baby is the size of an orange, nearly 4.5 inches from "crown to rump" and weighs just over 2 oz.

Gender: No gender yet, but we're hoping to find out mid-November at our next appointment. Even though we'll be happy with a healthy baby, we're still dying to know!!

Total Weight Gain:
Still nothing - somehow! (But it makes sense since I barely got the smallest bump just a few days ago!)


Exercise: I've been trying to do some squats everyday, and occasionally some v-up crunches. Obviously I know that doing ab work is not for show, but I feel that strengthening my abs and back might help in labor. Still wanting to get back into yoga next week though!

Nutrition: Chili! My husband has been making the most amazing vegetarian chili lately. Full of fiber, protein, and iron. He soaks the beans overnight, so its a long process, but so much healthier and fresher than beans from BPA-lined cans!

Food cravings:
Honeycrisp apples with crunchy peanut butter! Hello, fall!


Aversions: The chili is helping ease my aversion toward garlic. Hopefully that means I'll be eating more good food again soon!

Signs of Stretch Marks: Not yet!

Sleep: I'm sleeping well, but I constantly wake up with head and neck aches. This happened even before I got pregnant, but seems to be getting worse. Maybe yoga would help.

Feeling: Wonderful! Aside from a little headache pain, I've had such a good week since announcing my pregnancy to my family and to my blogging community! Sharing the news and getting so much great feedback and well wishes makes me feel so loved! :)

Baby Movement: We saw baby jumping around at our ultrasound, but there's still some time before I get to feel baby move inside me.

Belly Button In or Out? In

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

What I miss most this week: Vermont.

Best moment this week: Feeling all the love from my family and blogging community when we announced our pregnancy! So blessed.

Looking forward to: Feeling my little bump start to grow! Every night this week, especially since Saturday, I swear I can feel a difference! Still too early to tell from a photo though.


Thank you all again so much for coming to my page, commenting, following me on Bloglovin and just being so sweet! I've loved connecting with you this week and I am so excited to hear updates from all of you, too!





xo kristen genevieve

4 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo happy for you! I love your updates. I was going to do mine this week now that I have made it official. Isn't it amazing how every week is different. I def noticed a growth spurt in 15-16th week. So amazing! I loved hearing the heartbeat too! So fast! I can't wait to see another ultrasound pic! Love your goals. Gonna follow you through social media so I can be updated on baby stuff. Happy to meet you! Yay to mommy bloggers =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so sweet!!! Thank you! I can't wait to see you're pregnancy updates!! I don't know if you feel this too, but I feel like every day since I crossed the second trimester has felt a little different. Its so incredible! I told my husband that I have a feeling I'm going to have a growth spurt either this week or next! I love hearing what others have been through, its comforting!
      I just started a Pinterest & Instagram finally so I started following you there, too (already follow via twitter & bloglovin!). I found you earlier this summer when I began experimenting with this blog, and always loved your blog! Thank you so much for your well wishes and support!! Love happy people :)

      Delete
  2. Thats so exciting!!!

    Kristen! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!! So glad I came across your blog!!

    http://confessionsofaserialnapper.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-sunshine-award.html

    Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerin!! That is so kind of you! It just makes me happy if I can bring a little sunshine to the world. And your blog (especially your little bug) makes me smile. :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code