Motivation Station

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I wanted to write today about motivation because lately, I haven't been very motivated. With everything in my life. You know when you feel down, and that just makes you feel heavy? Yeah, that's me the past couple weeks. I know that I don't like feeling this way, and that I only have to set a few things in motion to be content again, but sometimes, its easier just to let things slide.

Except a few months ago, I made a promise to myself that I would let myself feel everything I wanted to feel, but that I would not let myself dwell in the darkness for too long. I know I deserve to be happy, and I know that I'm the only person in control of my happiness. 

So today, I decided to make a choice to get some work done that I had been procrastinating. Once I got to work, I realized that it made me feel so good to get something off my checklist, that I kept going and ended up ahead of where I had planned. Then, because of feeling so accomplished, I made a choice to get a good work out in today for the first time in about a week. Once I started, the motivation compounded on itself and caused me to continue to make better decisions for the rest of the day. That first decision to DO something made a huge difference.
It's not easy. I get it. Most of the time, its easier to sit on the couch, or to eat that extra bite, or to keep things as they have always been. But only when we push ourselves, make ourselves feel uncomfortable, are we able to grow and experience new things. It takes work, and it takes time. But I truly believe that taking small, determined steps, consistently over time, is the key to achieving success.

Ask yourself honestly, who do you want to be, and what are you willing to do to become that person? No one else can do it for you; you are the only person in the world that can change your life. Are you afraid change who you are? Good. Life is not about finding out who you are, it's about creating who you are.
Here are just a few things that have inspired me:
ShayCarl's Inspirational Running Video
Inch by Inch speech set to rowers
Michael Pollen's book, In Defense of Food
The Honeybee blog Health posts
Super Size Me (Documentary, 2004)


What are some things that motivate you? Is it watching Youtube videos? Looking at fitness photos on Pinterest? Reading inspirational success stories? Write your goals in a journal or blog? Let me know what you do to be the best you. And please leave suggestions of articles/documentaries/videos/books that have inspired you! 



xo kristen genevieve 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code